The North American Society for Trenchless Technology – Northwest Chapter will be presenting the 2015 Northwest Trenchless Conference in Calgary on November 19, 2015. This will be the 19th annual presentation of this event.
November 18, 2015 - Short Course (New Installations and Rehabilitation)
November 19, 2015 - Conference & Tradeshow
Location: Coast Plaza Hotel, Calgary, Alberta
Conference Registration – November 19, 2015:
- $150.00 (earlybird - on or before to September 30)
- $200.00 (regular)
- $225.00 (earlybird - on or before September 30)
- $275.00 (regular)
Short Course Registration – November 18, 2015:
- NASTT Member (membership will be confirmed):
- $325.00 (earlybird - on or before September 30)
- $350.00 (regular)
- $425.00 (earlybird - on or before September 30)
- $450.00 (regular)
- $150.00 (valid student id card required)
Conference Registration is now
For registration, click
Note: Registration for the short course is not included with general registration for the 2015 Northwest Trenchless Conference, and vice versa. Pre-registrations will be accepted until November 17, 2015.
Sponsors and Exhibitors:
Your participation in the tradeshow or through sponsorship of the conference will provide an excellent opportunity to promote your company, demonstrate your commitment to the future of this growing industry, and display your good corporate citizenship by generously giving back to the industry. If your company is interested in sponsoring the conference or exhibiting at the trade show, the sponsor registration form is available
Sponsor/exhibitor registrations received after November 1 will not be included in the conference program. Sponsor/exhibitor registrations received after November 9 may not be acknowledged on posters and signboards at the conference.
Two delegate registrations will be given to each sponsor, as well as to each single booth exhibit space. Sponsors and exhibitors will be acknowledged on table cards, signage, and slideshows during breaks at the conference. Exhibitor booth assignment will be on a first-come, first serve basis. Special event sponsorship opportunities, such as for meals or coffee breaks, are limited, so early sponsorship registration is encouraged.
Short Course, November 18
In conjunction with the 2015 Northwest Trenchless Conference, the NASTT-NW Chapter is proud to be presenting NASTT’s short course on November 18. This year’s short course will be NASTT’s New Installation and Rehabilitation Good Practices Course. Please click
Note: Registration for the short course is not included with general registration for the 2015 Northwest Trenchless Conference.
Conference, November 19
The one day conference offers excellent learning and networking opportunities for trenchless industry professionals, and includes several technical presentations and a trade show. Technical presentations will cover various trenchless topics.
Arrive early on November 19 to complete your registration and have breakfast while checking out the trade show. Prize draws will be held throughout the day.
November 19 Conference Agenda:
- Registration Opens
- 7:30AM - 8:30AM
- Breakfast (Complimentary for Registered Delegates)
- 8:30AM - 8:35AM
- Call to Order and Welcome Address - Conference Chair
- 8:35AM - 9:00AM
- Opening Address
- 9:00AM - 9:25AM
- Presentation #1 - Trenchless Structural Analysis using Back Scatter Technology of Alberta Ministry of Transportation Culvert BF8958 – Stephen McCormick, Inversa Systems; Derek Traquair, Martech
- 9:25AM - 9:50AM
- Presentation #2 - Advancements in Pipeline Rehabilitation Technologies – How we did and Where we are Heading to - Erez N. Allouche, PhD, P.Eng., Stantec
- 9:50AM - 10:15AM
- Presentation #3 - Enbridge Gas Distribution’s Greater Toronto Area (GTA)- Wayne King, IPC
- 10:15AM - 10:20AM
- Presentation of Charitable Donation
- 10:20AM - 10:45AM
- Coffee Break
- 10:45AM - 11:10AM
- Presentation #4 - Earth Pressure Distribution on Shaft Linings - Linda Bobey, Heinrich Heinz & Robin Tweedie, Thurber Engineering
- 11:10AM - 11:35AM
- Presentation #5 - Ipex Responds to Customer Need Developing 30” Fusible PVC Pipe to Protect New Riverside Community from Flooding – Rodney Johnston, Ipex; Jordan Rice, Raywalt Construction
- 11:35AM - 11:40AM
- 2015 Northwest Trenchless Project of the Year Award Presentation
- 11:40AM - 12:05AM
- Project of the Year Technical Presentation
- 12:05PM - 1:20PM
- 1:20PM - 1:45PM
- Chapter Updates – Brief presentation by a chapter member of activities during the last year, and possible upcoming events
- 1:45PM - 2:10PM
- Presentation #6 - Assessment of clogging of clay and conditioned clay pastes for TBM applications – Dr Alireza Bayat, U of A
- 2:10PM - 2:35PM
- Presentation #7 - Design and Construction of Metro Vancouver’s Jervis Forcemain Tunnel - Bruce Downing, Golder Associates
- 2:35PM - 3:05PM
- Coffee Break
- 3:05PM - 3:30PM
- Presentation #8 - Jacking Sewer Concrete Pipe Design and Manufacturing Method - Behzad Bayat, Lafarge
- 3:30PM - 3:55PM
- Presentation #9 - I/I Mitigation/Sealing the Sanitary Sewer System – Mark Norgaard, LMK Technologies
- 3:55PM - 4:05PM
- Closing Remarks - Conference Chair
- Nadeer Lalji, Associated Engineering – Chair
- Bill Boyes, City of Calgary – Vice-Chair
- Charles Pullan, City of Calgary
- Heinrich Heinz, Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Lucas Barr, Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Juan Morales, Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Glen Hume, Ipex Inc.
- Gabriel Jean, Associated Engineering
- Chad Long, Ipex Inc.
- Brenan Nugent, Encore Excavating
- Julie van Doesburg, Associated Engineering
- Manjiri Khare, Universal Pegasus International
- Shane Hansma, Encore Excavating
- Jeff Galloway, City of Calgary
- Craig Pass, Integrated Sustainability
- Ron Snoddon, City of Calgary
For General Information:
Contact Nadeer Lalji, Chair - 2015 Northwest Trenchless Conference by clicking here